Friday, June 09, 2006

ok, so i am bored bored bored..work is dreary, I have nothing to do, my boss took the files and decided to work from home. Duh, how am I supposed to work?
Bieng a mere grad student/hourly employee..I cannot hot foot it home as soon as the aforementioned boss disappears
so here is a tag i maaroed from some blog hopping..
Number of books I own:
In the US: about 10 (decidedly controlling myself)
In india: me thinks about 200 or so?

number of books I lent that never came back
sigh..dont even ask, I have learnt with bitter experience not to lend books to people you know you wont see in a while. The number must be close to 20-30. Point in case: copy of zen and the art of motorcyle maintainance

number of ebooks I own
10

Last book I brought:Eliad (Homer)
Which I havent started yet because it is a joint project with a friend, who has disappeared into the woodwork. It is our only way to read something serious!

Last book I was giftedtwo on the same day, did I get lucky or what!!
Knife of dreams: Robert JOrdan, part 12 of wheel of time
The giver: Lois Lowry: i loved the book: do you hear me giver/gifter?

Last book I read:
Since I read books on a daily basis, two books deserve mention here:
hullaballoo in the gauva orchard: kiran desai: funny funny book
pretty good for a girl: leslie Heywood: A book that will soon be a book I brought, because this one I will reread.

Currently reading:
Calvin and Hobbes: the eternal time pass for me, how i adore taht kid
The shadow Lines: Amitav Ghosh

5 books that mean a lot to me:

1.Pretty good for a girl: I have started training for a marathon and this book insprires me to keep running and running and running
2.Surrender the Pink: Carrie Fisher: A book that is remiscent of my relationships, down to the last dotted i and crossed t.
3 Ordinary People: Judith Guest: somehow a bok that touched my core, it still does every single time
4. PG wodehouse: anything he has written
5. Collection of Saki,aka, HH Munro
6. The little Prince

there are probably billions more, these are the ones i care to mention

3 books I started reading but never completedA suitable boy, vikram seth: could never get through it
all my textbooks
cant think of anything I didnt finish, I usually make it through

Books that made zero sense to me:

A god of small things, arundhati roy: beautifully written book, with amazingly alive descriptions and yet the entire story never made sense to the class 10th 14 year old me..maybe I will understand it better at 23?

The Magus, John Fowles: never made sense (ask maa, it never made sense to her too..even when read the right side up :p)

My most treasured books:
hmm thats a tough one, I might even cry

1.A rare collection of asimov stories (out of print now) that disappeared from my bookshelf

2.Reader's Digest how to read, write and speak better: It was practically my bible for every time I needed inspriation or motivation to write, teach or just study (it has a great section on how to make notes for an essay/thesis)

3.A collection of Grimms Brother FAiry Tales, hand illustrated, hard bound, collecters edition..me thinks, and has colored my fantasies since I was really small and uptil now, when I rereead them again all the time

4.my entire collection of robert jordan's wheel of time

5. my dad's collection of phantom comics from his boyhood.. I have them all, nicely bound into 14 volumes!!

and lastly my tag
:
chandni ..for the bountiful gift of her last tag that almost svaed me from a catatonic death in the office

9 Comments:

Anonymous chandni said...

needless to say...I love the books you have mentioned!!!

I got phantom comics from my dad too!! Though I never read them...

And I can totally understand the attachment to Grimm's fairytales!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Purva said...

not just grimms' i love even desi tales: remember those books in the junior library?

8:55 PM  
Blogger albino_black_sheep said...

@ chandni..needless indeed :D

@purva yeh, i loved those too..some weird mag though that I dont remember the name, But this is about books and this is a special "book"

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

11:29 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

burberry pas cher, michael kors pas cher, louis vuitton, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, chanel handbags, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, air max, louboutin pas cher, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, nike free, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike air max, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin shoes, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, gucci handbags, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, nike outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, jordan shoes, tiffany jewelry, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, nike free run, longchamp pas cher, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet online

5:23 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley pas cher, north face, true religion jeans, ray ban uk, burberry handbags, new balance, nike tn, nike free uk, coach outlet store online, guess pas cher, mulberry uk, michael kors outlet online, hollister uk, nike blazer pas cher, lululemon canada, michael kors, sac hermes, nike air max, kate spade, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, timberland pas cher, hogan outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban pas cher, north face uk, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, converse pas cher, nike air force, nike air max uk, hollister pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet online, polo lacoste, michael kors, michael kors outlet, coach purses, vans pas cher, uggs outlet, ralph lauren uk, true religion outlet, replica handbags, nike roshe run uk, uggs outlet, nike air max uk, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, sac vanessa bruno

5:23 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci, abercrombie and fitch, baseball bats, bottega veneta, mcm handbags, nike huaraches, lululemon, hollister, reebok outlet, chi flat iron, ghd hair, p90x workout, celine handbags, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, lancel, ralph lauren, nike air max, valentino shoes, north face outlet, instyler, new balance shoes, insanity workout, hermes belt, mont blanc pens, vans outlet, iphone cases, herve leger, wedding dresses, nike roshe run, north face outlet, converse outlet, jimmy choo outlet, nike trainers uk, soccer shoes, timberland boots, vans, converse, mac cosmetics, asics running shoes, ray ban, nike air max, babyliss, hollister clothing, beats by dre, soccer jerseys, longchamp uk, louboutin, oakley, hollister

5:24 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg uk, toms shoes, juicy couture outlet, replica watches, canada goose, moncler, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, montre pas cher, canada goose, ugg, moncler, links of london, canada goose outlet, swarovski, swarovski crystal, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, hollister, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, pandora uk, marc jacobs, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, karen millen uk, moncler outlet, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler uk, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, supra shoes, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet, canada goose, canada goose jackets, pandora jewelry, thomas sabo

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home